Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes
2 medium zucchini
1 slice white bread, torn into small pieces
1/4 cup bacon bits
1 tablespoon minced black olives
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
3 tablespoons diced green chile peppers 1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup chopped tomato
6 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 pinch dried basil
seasoned salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1. Prepare the grill for indirect heat.
2. Place the zucchini in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Drain, cool, and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp to about 1/4 inch from the skin. Chop pulp.
3. In a bowl, mix the zucchini pulp, bread pieces, bacon bits, olives, jalapeno, green chile peppers, onion, tomato, and Cheddar cheese. Season with basil, seasoned salt, and pepper.
4. Stuff the zucchini halves with the pulp mixture. Seal each stuffed half in aluminum foil.
5. Place foil packets on the prepared grill over indirect heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories: 120 Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.3g
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs: 9g
Dietary Fiber: 2g