Cherry, Wild Rice and Quinoa Salad
- ¾ cup Wild rice
- ½ cup Quinoa
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar (or change flavor according to taste)
- ¾ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups Sweet cherries (pitted and halved)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- ¾ cup Diced goat cheese (or other smoked cheese according to taste)
- ½ cup Toasted pecans (chopped)
To begin, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil with the heat turned on high. Add the wild rice and cook for 30 minutes. Next, add the quinoa and cook until both the rice and quinoa are tender (about 15 minutes). After cooking is complete, drain and rinse the mixture with cold water.
During this process whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Toss in the rice, quinoa, cherries, celery, cheese and pecans. Thoroughly mix the ingredients and serve at room temperature or cold.
Tess Zasuwa | Health Solution Intern