Water! Water! Water! – We are in the middle of the hot summer and we need a quick reminder on water and proper hydration.
In today’s blog, let’s look at hydration and some simple tips to start implementing right now. Proper hydration helps protect your skin, your joints, helps alleviate allergies (dehydration makes the histamine response worse in your body), and decreases back pain and headaches.
• How much water do you need? A good rule of thumb, is half your body weight in ounces per day
• If you are working out, sweating, working in the hot sun – you need an additional 8-16 ounces every hour
• Sip water throughout the day, rather than drinking huge amounts in one shot
• Don’t like the taste of water? Make your own flavored water with lemon, limes, pineapple, watermelon, and berries
• Does cold water hurt your teeth? Keep your water on the counter or your desk and drink room-temperature water
• Like cold water? Use flavored ice cubes to add a touch of flavor to your water (make your own ice cubes with iced tea, or lemonade)
• Start everyday with 16 ounces of water before drinking coffee, tea or other beverages
• Cut back on soda! You will feel better
• Drink 8-16 ounces of water before each meal to help curb your appetite and helps from over-eating
Maria Hicks|wellness coach
Kapnick Insurance Group|Strength. Knowledge. Direction.
1201 Briarwood Circle | Ann Arbor, MI 48108 |www.kapnick.com
D 734.929.6591 | F 734.994.7326 | P 888.263.4656 x1183