Do you like jumping? Remember being a kid and pretending you were a rabbit and jumping around? At least, I remember doing that or jumping on a pogo ball or a pogo stick? It was a fun activity! But, did you know that jumping is an incredible workout? It’s a great cardio workout, it’s easy on the joints and it works to stimulate lymphatic flow, which increases our immunity.
Jumping rope or jumping jacks is a good activity if you have strong knees and a healthy back. What about those of us who have a “bad back” or weak knees? I have a “bad” right knee and my days of jumping rope are long gone. But, I have a solution – and that’s jumping on a mini trampoline! It’s a fun way to workout, it takes up minimal amount of space, and I can do it in my living room and its inexpensive (a decent mini trampoline will run you around $40.00). It’s an amazing way to wake up in the morning and gets the blood flowing and metabolism cranked up. I will jump for 10-15 minutes every morning!
Here are some other jumping benefits:
* Strengthens muscles, tendons, and ligaments
* Improves skin tone
* Helps to firm thighs, legs, hips, and yes, abs too!
* Helps bones become mineralized, dense and strong
* Improves balance
* Improves digestion and thyroid function
* Improves cardio-pulmonary oxygen supply to all cells
* Improves bone marrow production of red blood cells
* Eliminates exercise-induced stress on joints
* Helps you lose weight by normalizing metabolism
* Improves sub-optimal blood circulation
* Improves quality of deep (restorative) sleep
* Improves lower body muscular coordination and agility
* Increases lymphatic system which cleanses the body
* Improves immune system function
* Reduces stress
* Reduces menstrual discomfort
* Large variety of exercise routines for all levels of fitness
* It’s convenient!