Here are a few tips to be healthy on a budget:
- Download free health apps on your phone: You can find exercise tips and food tracking guides or calorie counters. Go ahead and do a search!
- Borrow your next fitness DVD: You can find a wide variety (and current ones too) at the library. You can also ask your friends… I am sure you have friends with DVD’s that are collecting dust. I love fitness DVDs and I have a ton of them that I have used for a few months and I am ready for a swap!
- Eat more Soup: It’s inexpensive and warming in the winter months. Add some beans to add fiber (beans are incredibly inexpensive as well). Look for the low-sodium variety!
- Brown Bag it: Skip those $10.00 lunches and bring your own lunch. I like to bring leftover beans & rice or quinoa in a Tupperware container.
- Skip the Fancy Coffee Drinks: Invest in a travel mug and make your own coffee at home and take it with you! You will save lots of money & a ton of calories! Your waist & wallet will thank you!