Try this light crab and corn dip made healthier with reduced-fat cream cheese, nonfat yogurt and fat free cottage cheese instead of full-fat cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. It will save you a ton of calories and fat per serving compared to full fat versions. Serve with baked chips, pita or veggies.
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 1 5-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ bag of frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon of Braggs Liquid Aminos (soy)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 can of lump crab drained
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Pulse shallot and water chestnuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pulse until just combined. Add chives and pulse until incorporated.
- Remove creamed mixture from processor add frozen corn, crab, hot sauce and Bragg’s.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4-6 hours. Stir before serving.