* 3/4 cup(s) milk, fat-free evaporated
* 1 cup(s) cottage cheese, low-fat
* 1/2 cup(s) cheese, ricotta, low-fat
* 1/2 cup(s) cheese, cheddar, low-fat
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
* 1 teaspoon Braggs soy seasoning (salt alternative)
* 1 teaspoon of pesto
* 1 dash black pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon cheese, Parmesan
* 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, fine, dry
* 1 pounds pasta, elbow macaroni, cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat. Add the cheeses until they melt, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in the nutmeg, pepper, pesto and soy seasoning. Remove the cheese sauce from the heat. Add the cooked pasta to the cheese sauce and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake the casserole for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and the top is browned.
Nutritional Info (Per serving) makes 6 servings:
Calories: 203, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 331mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 3g, Carbs: 28g, Sugars: 6g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Protein: 16g
Exchanges: Starch: 2, Lean Meat: 1
Carb Choices: 2