FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kapnick Insurance Group’s Patrick Pennefather Becomes PPACA Certified
Southfield, MI – Patrick Pennefather, CLU, ChFC, CEBS, LUTCF, Senior Client Manager/Research & Technical Services became certified through the National Association of Health Underwriters’ (NAHU) new professional development course on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Pennefather completed this 10-hour course to receive the most up-to-date information on the key technical components of PPACA and is prepared to counsel Kapnick clients on upcoming required healthcare changes and new options for health plans.
“By taking this course, approved in all 50 states, Pennefather has joined an elite group that is uniquely qualified to assist clients in complying with the new law,” said NAHU CEO Janet Trautwein. “He understands how the market is likely to change over the next few years, and is in the perfect position to advise businesses in planning for the future.”
Topics of study included:
• Implementing healthcare reform—overview and politics
• Grandfathered plans and the small-business tax credit
• Medicare Part D and non-discrimination rules
• Patient protection and changes to consumer-directed health plans
• Medical loss ratio requirements and tax implications
• W-2 reporting, summary of benefits, waiting periods, essential benefits and community rating
• Individual mandate, pre-existing conditions and rating reform
• Health insurance exchanges for individuals and small employers
• Employer pay or play
• Self-insured plans
“The ACA is complicated and our clients need guidance – we are proud to have an individual on staff who has received this certification so that we can provide the consultation that our clients need regarding the ever-changing marketplace,” according to Steve Peck, President – Kapnick Benefit Services.
The course is delivered through NAHU’s Online Learning Institute. More information is available at www.nahu.org/education/certifications/ppaca.cfm.
About Kapnick Insurance Group – Kapnick Insurance Group is a third generation, family-owned agency headquartered in Adrian, Michigan – with additional offices in Ann Arbor and Southfield. Their nearly 150 employees have been providing clients business insurance, employee benefits and more for over 65 years. To learn more, visit their website at www.kapnick.com.
Point of Contact: – Rene’ Carpenter | 888.263.4656 x1154 | email@example.com