- Injury to a person or damage to property (other than your own) that was caused by a product YOU manufactured or distributed
- Food poisoning allegations stemming from a food product you manufactured or distributed
Save the product involved for inspection. Do not destroy.
- A customer or visitor is injured on property you own or manage
- Take care of the injured person first. If the injury is an emergency, immediately dial 9-1-1
- Be courteous and helpful, but make no comment about assuming liability
- Address any hazardous situations immediately
- Document all facts regarding the incident
- Get names and contact information for all witnesses
OTHER LIABILITY CLAIMS
- A claim of libel or slander
- Virtually any other allegation of negligence
Document all facts regarding the incident and report the claim to your insurance carrier within 24 hours.