Eating healthy can be challenging with the hectic lives we all live. These mini pizzas topped with an assortment of veggies are an ideal mid-afternoon snack.
Vegetable Pita Pizzas Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 13 mins
Total Time: 23 mins
- 2 large pita, 100% whole-wheat
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) assorted fresh vegetables (such as small broccoli or cauliflower florets, red sweet pepper strips, sliced fresh mushrooms, and/or chopped carrot)
- 1/4 cup(s) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) cheese, mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pita bread rounds on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat an unheated small skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add the vegetables; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Spread pizza sauce on pita bread rounds; sprinkle with cooked vegetables and cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes more or until light brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 113, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 291mg, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Total Fat: 2g, Carbs: 20g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Protein: 5g
Exchanges: Vegetable: 0.5, Starch: 1, Fat: 0.5 Carb Choices: 1.5
Recipe source – http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/diabetic-recipes/popular/